Monday, June 6, 2011

The Jabberwocky: Phase 3-finished sketch

As you can see my 'finished sketch' is still pretty loose. Because this isn't for a client I don't need to spell everything out for clarification, just notes and ideas for later. I find if i get too tight at this phase, before i start to play with color, the finish will be too stiff and not as much fun to produce. I find if I can keep myself amused and having fun throughout the process, I'm not only happier, but i remain more engaged with the piece and less likely to get fatigued and sloppy. The last thing I want to do is spend all this time getting it to this point just to phone-in the rest and end up wasting a lot of time and energy.
Here I add an absurdly small and sickly bat wing, feathers down it's back and insect-like legs. I also decide to add a jub-jub bird to give so more specificity to the piece.
(5 hours total time)

No comments:

Post a Comment